Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Terrain For First 1814 Campaign Game


So I've been sorting out the terrain for the frst game

More fences made to surround the two orchards



And more fencing to line the road across the table
Concession road allowances were 66 feet wide, althought some were only 40 feet.
This is scaled to 40 feet wide at 1:100 


I already had the farmhouse and barn done, but they are standing on some textured "fuzzy felt" from Hobbycraft



The river is made from OHP acetate sheets painted blue on the rough side and placed glossy side up. The banks are just Woodland Scenics blended turf.


 I'm in the process of painting up this 10mm wooden bridge from battlescale.com. It is a superb littele model, delivery was really quick, and it is a perfect size. This will replace the stone bridge in the photo. The type of bridge could be important in a different scenario.

I made a couple of deployment points while I was at it.

I've also got a couple of wells, some troughs/pumps and pigs from Peter Pig to add a bit of flavour to the farmyard, and I am waiting for two large hills from SandA scenics to replace the chipboard square things on the table that I have not photographed.

And in case anyone was wondering, no the river is NOT meant to be the St Lawrence, it's a tributary brook or steam.

5 comments:

  1. Well on with the terrain mate, very nice. I have lots of fences as well, still more to do but I lost the will to live!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably need even more at some point! I'll do them as the scenarios require them. I'm thinking of doing 8" wide roadways from cork too. Basically the road will be the same with, but there'll be wider textured verges. It will reduce the green "safety blanky" effect a bit.

      Delete
  2. Great looking terrain. I especially like your rivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I went with "Wargames Blue" for the rivers, but I might do some muddy brown ones going forward, or some dark green ones. I've also made some ponds.

      Delete