Pages

Saturday 1 June 2019

No Summer Purchases - Day 1 - 1.6.19


  1. Varnished 2 skirmish bases of Brunswick Oels Jaegers for my Peninsular 5th Division - General D'Armee. These were previously on bases of 2s for "General de Brigade", but I'm using  3 figures  on 45mm x 20mm bases for GDA. All my close order infantry are based 3 figures to a 30mm x 20mm base.
  2. Ballasted 8 bases of pike and shot for "For King and Parliament" and "Twilight of Divine Right". These were spare painted figures from the bits box. Now that I am using movement trays for this period I am trying to make the basing as flexible as possible to create 2 different sizes of  various formations in ratios of 2:1, 3:2 and 1:1.
  3. While there was some PVA left in the pot I ballasted 2 bases of line infantry for the 5th division.
  4. Found another 27 random painted musketeers in the spares box so stuck another 3 bases together. These were painted years ago and not up to the way I paint now but stuff it. They are 15mm and they will be lost in the large formations on the table. The whole idea is to get stuff on the table.

At the moment I am not applying tufts or flock to the bases of any figures. They will be playable with just the ballast on them. I'll review the foliage and tart the bases up later on.


2 comments:

  1. Well done, considerably more achieved than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have been in the garden!
    (Replied on the right comment this time!)

    ReplyDelete